I don’t know about you, but hot rice pudding cannot be beaten. Something about the creamy, sweet texture that brings me back to my childhood. Slow cooker rice pudding is the easiest way imaginable.
My great-aunt lived about 4 houses down from us. Since they were older and I was a strapping young lad, I was usually tasked with helping out. I didn’t mind one bit most times seeing as they had an entire pantry filled with snack foods. Tastycakes, candy, chips, licorice, you name it, they had it.
Every once in a while I’d go over and my aunt would be making rice pudding. You could smell it immediately upon entering their house. I remember she would be standing in front of that stove all morning stirring and mixing and stirring and mixing.
From then on I always looked at rice pudding as something I just didn’t have time for. I can think of 100 better things to do than stand in front of a pot stirring.
The simplicity of this slow cooker rice pudding recipe makes it one of my all time favorites.
Put everything in the slow cooker and turn it on. That’s it.
Slow Cooker Rice Pudding
- 3/4 cups Abborio Rice
- 4 cups Whole Milk
- ½ cup Sugar
- 1 Cinnamon stick or 2 tsp. Cinnamon Powder
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract Vanilla Bean works too
- 2 Tbsp. Butter
- Rinse the rice thouroughly under cold water.
- Dump all the ingredients into the slow cooker and stir slightly.
- Cover. Turn the slow cooker on HIGH for 2 1/2 to 3 hours or until rice is cooked and pudding is creamy.